RULES FOR CASUAL VISITORS TO THE CLUB
(pursuant to Clause 15 of the Club Constitution)
- Every person, of any age, brought to the Club as a casual visitor must be checked in, by the hosting member, using the Club’s Check-In facility, located inside the Main Entrance door.
- The hosting member will incur a fee for each visitor, regardless of the age of the visitor and the facilities of the Club being used. This will be billed to the member or included in the private function booking fee, as appropriate.
- No person, without the consent of the Committee, may be introduced as a visitor more than once in any month or more than six times in any period of twelve months. This rule applies to all areas of the Club, including Top Room breakfasts.
- No Senior or Young Adult Member may introduce more than four visitors at any one time, without the prior consent of the Secretary, or in his/her absence, another member of the Committee. Such consent will only be granted in special circumstances (such as the holding of a private function).
- Junior Members may not bring visitors to the Club.
- The Member introducing the visitor is responsible for the conduct and general behaviour of the visitor, while on the Club premises. Visitors may only remain at the Club for the duration of the hosting member’s visit to the Club.
- For the purposes of these rules, the children and grandchildren of members, who are under 6 years of age (and therefore not eligible to be a member), may come to the Club in the company of the member, without being counted as visitors. It is not necessary to check them in.
- All other family members, who are not themselves members, are to be recorded as visitors.
- Visitors to the Club for a private function will be advised by the Club Caterer, Function8, how to check in.
- The visitor fee will be established and published from time-to-time by the Committee. For the current visitor fee see Membership fees.
(Effective: 19th June 2023)